Power Platform Administrator who will be managing and administering the organization’s Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate/Flows, Dynamics 365, SharePoint online and other power platform O365 services.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Install, upgrade and configure and manage Power Platform Center of Excellence (CoE) model and augment the CoE Starter Kit with updated policies for environment creation, requirements for premium connectors, admin notifications etc.
- Manage Power BI tenant settings, data gateways, data integration, shared datasets, Premium capacities, Premium workspaces, tenant Security, dashboards, datasets, power apps, flows, connector configuration, dataset refresh schedules, etc.
- Review weekly M365 updates, incidents, vulnerability reports with team and co-ordinate the updates, document the changes as needed.
- Co-ordinate with Developers in managing and testing the changes in non-prod tenants/databases and environments to ensure smooth deployments and least disruptions in Production.
- Manage environments (developer, sandbox, production, teams) in Power platform for Dynamics 365, PowerBI, manage capacity, monitor usage and perform other admin operations.
- Monitor, optimize and quarantine PBI workspaces as needed to keep PowerBI Premium capacities in healthy state.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data refresh issues in PowerBI.
- Manage dataflows, certified datasets, enterprise data gateways and data sources
- Create scripts using Powershell/Python etc to automate various admin tasks in the PowerPlatform.
- Design and document connecting to various data sources, importing data, and redefining data for Business Intelligence needs and following best practices.
- Serve as a lead to help guide our clients to effectively use the Microsoft Power Platform with best practices and methodologies.
- Mentoring other developers, team members and Power users in their technical development.
- Report and Enforce change management and compliance processes.
- Setup, Build and create deployment pipelines using DevOps CI/CD best practices for Power platform and automate the deployment.
- Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities, including regular Microsoft PBI, Power platform releases, that improve current and future BI and self-service solutions./li>
- Define, create standards for PowerApps PowerBI, Power Automate etc. while documenting reference architecture for current and future states and implement.
- Regularly review key metrics for Power Platform and use data verse analytics to drive up adoption rate.
- Manage O365 license assignment for users in the Power platform.
- Review security and compliance center reports and remediate any issues.
- Troubleshoot and work with other data team members to resolve data refresh issues.
- Work with the data team to certify and publish datasets/data models in PowerBI
- Work with business to define and enforce governance policies.
- Guide with Citizen developers and Power users on best practices for reports/dashboard development.
- 7+ years of relevant experience or 5+ years of experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and eagerness to learn in constantly changing cloud technologies.
- Experience in designing DAX queries in Power BI desktop, using DAX Studio and Tabular Editor, SSMS, Azure data studio, PowerApps editor, etc.
- Experience with data migrations using PowerShell, Python or other programming languages along with tools like Sharegate, SSDT, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft O365 products and services
- Solid Experience as PowerBI / Power Platform Administrator.
- Knowledge of MDX, M Query and Power Query, Analysis services
- Experienced with SQL queries and performance tuning.
- Good knowledge of SharePoint online structure, site collections, lists and libraries and design and knowledge management.
- Good experience with SharePoint Online administration along with PowerShell and light scripting.
- Familiarity with other Microsoft Cloud extensibility models and APIs such as Microsoft Graph.
- Eager to learn new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends and proactively implement the best practices