The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for planning, design, development, management, maintenance, and support of an application on the Cloud, this role requires sound knowledge of cloud best practices.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional, DevOps, SysOps certified.
Job Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle or Service Management.
- Ability to identify requirements and create a solution architecture that meets identified requirements.
- Ability to analyze the solution or processes (including, but not limited to Service Management) and offer ways to simplify it
Proficiency in troubleshooting software or infrastructure issues, troubleshooting using tools, or debugging a large codebase.
- Improves team operation practices by incorporating best practices.
- Experience with migrating datacenters workloads towards AWS.
- Successfully launches new features or re-architects old features. Begins to balance technology with business value.
- Extensive service Management, scripting, packaging tools, or programming knowledge in various software languages.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes.
- Experience in system performance monitoring and tuning.
- Continually improves system monitoring and alerting.
- Identifies and fixes the security vulnerabilities.
- Integrates software or existing solutions with existing systems.
- Practical knowledge of DevSecOps Model.
- Ability to develop test plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- Mastery in engineering tools applicable to the specialization (including but not limited to various development tool suites, scripting tool suites, version control and source control software such as GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket, or Service Management tools).
- Hands-on experience in Xtreme Programming, Pair Programming and Agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud-based services with a minimum of 4+ years of supporting and maintaining cloud infrastructures.
- Hands-on DevOps implementation experience on AWS.
- Develop, deploy, and operate the API Management Infrastructure and solutions using Documentation as Code, Infrastructure-as-a-Code (IaaC), and a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) approach.
- Automate manual tasks and provide code-driven solutions for operational tasks.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of CI/CD tools in areas of automation, artifacts storage, configuration management.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience on Monitoring and observability tools.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Terraform, etc.).
- Good understanding of Enterprise Security, Networks and Identity Access Management, ALB, Fault Tolerance, Cloud Watch; Auto Scaling, AMI, AWS CLI & Storage, VPC, Route53, WAF.
- Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Containerization of applications using ECS or EKS or Docker.
- Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, ECS, RDS, Lambda, API, Gateway, Route53 & S3).
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.).
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Independent, Self-Driven, and able to bring ideas to the table.
- Ability to make decisions and drive changes.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with senior stakeholders as well as with the technical teams.
- Business Insight and Customer Focus.
- The ability to be a team player.